We love helping you… with all things legal from A through to Z
We’re not only here when you have a problem…
We can help with positive things too, like selling your business or buying a new one; restructuring; negotiating a new lease or buying a new commercial property; or retaining and recruiting key employees.
Our Corporate team, for example, love supporting entrepreneurs or individuals who are buying or selling businesses and companies.
If that sounds like you, please don’t wait until you’re ready to put up the “for sale” signs or hunting through the classifieds before you get in touch. Talk to them now about what steps you can be taking to maximise value, or to find the perfect fit for you, so that you are ready to go when the time comes.
We love providing you with training
Details of our programme, including how to book, are available here. Blockchain, Business Protection (legal update), Recruit, and Brexit updates, all coming soon. Book your place or register your interest now.
We love being thought leaders
In the news
Here’s a look at where we’ve recently featured:
- Commercial Associate, Graham Hansen, spoke to TechRadar Pro about his thoughts on data protection laws as we progress through 2019. Click here to read his top ten tips for compliance.
- Graham has also been speaking to Open Access Government about the benefits and opportunities available to blockchain businesses. Click here to read his advice on why choosing to adopt robust legal infrastructures can give your business a competitive advantage. (If you’d like to book onto our Blockchain event (20th Feb) please get in touch ASAP).
- As 29 March edges ever-closer, employment associate and immigration specialist, Laura Darnley, caught up with HR Magazine about EU nationals’ rights in the event of no deal. Click here to read the full article. (If you’d like to book onto our second Brexit update for employers seminar on 3 April 2019, please contact Stephen.)
- Perks and payrises – Partner, Simon Whitehead spoke to The Telegraph about how employers can stand out in a crowded market. Click here to read his comments.
- Following the roll out of application openings for EU nationals to apply for Settled Status in the UK, Laura also spoke to Personnel Today about what this means for business (click here to read more) and to Recruiter Magazine about the legal risks employers may face in supporting staff through the application (click here to read more).
- Sarah Armstrong spoke to Recruitment International about solving fee disputes on page 34 of this month’s edition, here.
- Laura Darnley spoke to People Management about the Home Office’s attempts to modernise the immigration system via its recent launch of an online Right to Work Checking portal, here.
- Simon Whitehead features on The Recruitment Leadership’s latest Podcasts on IR35 and the Good Work Plan. These are available to download via either iTunes or Spotify.
On our website
Our Hot Response team:
- explained why the Rovers Return needn’t call us for help re HMRC NMW enforcement action just yet in Coronation Cheat;
- considered whether Liam Neeson had “taken” things too far, and then segued seamlessly into an exploration of some of the employment issues that can arise from careless (or worse) talk in terms of potential harassment and discrimination claims; and
- gave employee morale-boosting tips on easing those January blues.
Our new Careers Focus feature opened with Managing Partner, Simon Whitehead, looking at levelling the playing field here. Real Estate Partner, Helen Marsh, talked about overcoming leadership challenges and gave advice to those wishing to pursue a legal career in her interview, here. and Simon discussed the long and winding road to qualification, here.
In recognition of World Cancer Day on 4 February 2019, Associate, Jo Handler, suggested ways in which employers could help employees suffering from, or caring for those with, cancer, and considered some of the legal issues at play.
As a current Government consultation considers enhancing the legal protection for pregnant women and those on maternity leave by extending the ‘protected period’ to up to six months, trainee solicitor, Jessica Lee and Associate, Laura Darnley, ask “why the Government is considering this?”, and look at what this might mean for employers, here.
Solicitor, Heena Kapadi, explains why the Supreme Court’s decision in a case concerning a global executive recruitment company (or “headhunter”) and its ex-employee could impact on the contracts of thousands of senior executives across the UK, here.
We love spotting new ways to help you and your business
Our A-Z lists some of these here.
Ways our general commercial team can help your business, are set out here.
Ways we can help fashion brands are set out here.
If you’d like us to send you hard copies of any of these, or information on any of the other sectors that we specialise in, please just let us know.
Our updates on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook will continue and we are also now on Instagram. If you can think of another way in which we could support your business, whilst growing our own, please let us know.
We love to do well
So we are chuffed to be on the Business Masters Awards 2019 shortlist (read more here), and pleased that many of you continue to be really happy with the service provided by our team (your recent testimonials have been added here).
We hope that you had a Happy Valentine’s Day and that was filled with love (if not cards, champagne, flowers and romance).