This section explains when and why we may share your personal data.
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below, for the purposes set out in the purposes section of this privacy notice.
- Service providers such as Namesco, SOS and Nexus Workforce Limited acting as processors based in the UK who provide IT and system administration services;
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the UK, who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services;
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators (including the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority), the NCA (in respect of money laundering) and other authorities based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances;
- The following third parties for marketing or event booking services: Mailchimp, for direct marketing; SurveyMonkey or a similar survey provider where we carry out a survey; Eventbrite, for event bookings and marketing; Google (google analytics) for marketing purposes;
- The following third party for payment purposes: WorldPay;
- Third parties with whom we may share our employees’ data are listed in our separate privacy notice for employees;
- The following third parties in respect of prospective clients: Veriphy (or another electronic provider) and, where applicable (i.e. in respect of those residing or registered overseas) official overseas registries for money laundering purposes; and SOS (the company which currently provides our case management and billing system) in order to carry out conflict checks;
- The following third parties in respect of clients: Veriphy (or another electronic provider) and, where applicable (i.e. in respect of those residing or registered overseas) official overseas registries for money laundering purposes; our insurers and their agents, where we feel this is necessary to protect us from a potential or actual claim; SOS (the company which currently provides our case management and billing system), for business purposes including carrying out legal services and billing, and to carry out conflicts checks; Legal Directories such as the Legal500 and Chambers & Partners, Studio North (design agency) and Petal &Co (PR agency), for marketing purposes; where clients ask for our help in finding advisors in other jurisdictions or areas, we may pass their contact details onto such advisers but will advise them before we do so;
- The following third parties in respect of candidates: our insurers and their agents, and referees where candidates have accepted a job offer with us;
- The following third parties in respect of business contacts: specific clients or other third parties as per our shared understanding in the specific circumstances of the case. So, for example, if you were a professional to whom we referred legal work which was outside our areas of expertise, we might pass your contact details onto a client who wished to source such expertise; and
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.