Merry and Bright
That’s us. We do hope that you and your days are too.
It’s been a busy 2018, but a fantastic one. We’ve had lots of growth, including:
- wonderful new additions to the HRC Law team;
- great new partnerships forged (LawPact and Northern Power Hive, to name just two); and
- of course, clients.
Thank-you all (whether you’re a new client or contact, or an existing one) for your support throughout the year.
Here’s to another year of working together in 2019.
In the news
Here’s a look at where we’ve recently featured:
- Employment associate, Jo Handler, spoke to The Telegraph about the potential HR perils of the Christmas Party here.
- Solicitor, Heena Kapadi, featured in People Management, with her article on HR issues around the festive season. Read this here.
- Tackling workplace ‘banter’ about obesity. Employment associate, Siobhan Howard-Palmer, spoke to People Management about what HR professionals can do to stamp out workplace weight prejudice. Click here to read the full article.
- With the Government leak last month suggesting new legislation will also end ‘Swedish derogation’ rules affecting agency workers, Siobhan spoke to People Management. Click here to read the full article.
- We’re delighted to be sponsoring Leigh Rugby Union’s U12 squad – the Leigh Rhinos this season. Click here to read more.
- Last month also saw us kick off our partnership with the recruitment industry network, Northern Power Hive. Commercial Associate, Graham Hansen, also spoke at their first birthday event at Manchester Hall. Read more about our new partnership here.
On our website
Our Hot Response team covered the current employment news that discount store Home Bargains is to remain closed on Boxing Day to give their ‘hard working staff some extra time off’. Read their comments in: No Boxing Day “Bargains”.
They also covered the Committee of Advertising Practice’s ban on certain gender stereotypes in advertisements in That’s why mums (and now dads) go to Iceland.
We covered the Government’s recent announcements about the Good Work Plan in our general bulletin, here, and our recruitment-focused bulletin, here. Our thoughts on the recent Court of Appeal Uber decision are here.
We hope that you enjoy the festive season. Best wishes for it and for the New Year from all of us at HRC Law.