Be happy in the New Year!
Resolving your legal problems
Happy 2019. We hope you all had a restful break.
If you have a legal or commercial issue which you’d like us to help you with, please do get in touch. A few ideas as to how we could help you are included below
In the news:
Here’s a look at where we’ve recently featured:
- Commercial lawyers – Associate, Graham Hansen, and Solicitor, Rob Eakins – spoke to Recruitment International about cybersecurity and recruiters. Read their comments on page 37 of the January edition here.
- People Management published their ultimate guide to disciplinaries and grievances last month. Employment associate, Robert Maddocks, contributed to the guide, sharing his advice for employers on bullying and harassment in the workplace. Read the full guide here.
- Further coverage of our new partnership with professional network, Northern Power Hive, can be found on page 9 of January’s The Messenger here and in The Recruiter here. We’re looking forward to this new relationship in 2019.
- Thanks to TEAM for sharing details of: our expertise on EMI schemes; and our fantastic line up of training for 2019. Discounts on the paid events are available for TEAM and Northern Power Hive members, and there are early bird discounts for others (so be sure to click on the cheapest ticket for you).
Recent items on our website include:
- A summary of our 2019 events; and
- An article on Dry January for employers by trainee solicitor, Jessica Lee
As Brexit continues to dominate the most pressing issues currently facing UK businesses, we will be hosting a series of events to support you through this challenging time.
We start the New Year with the first of our Brexit seminars, focussing on how it will affect businesses as employers. Think of it as our Christmas present to you!
To find out more about what we’ll be covering at this FREE event taking place on 23 January 2019, and to reserve your place, please click here.
On Brexit news, the UK Government (Home Office) now intends that its EU Settlement Scheme for EU citizens living in the UK will go ahead regardless of whether there is a deal or a no-deal Brexit.
Business Protection 2019
We listened to what you wanted us to cover in 2019 and created a programme based around this.
Seminars, workshops and a full day mock disciplinary and tribunal hearing. What more could you and your business wish for?
Places are limited and are ready and waiting for you now. Click here to find out more or book your place.
Introducing Rob Eakins
Commercial solicitor, Rob Eakins, has broad commercial experience with a particular focus on contracts.
As a former creative industries business adviser, project manager and owner of a record label, Rob’s frequent dealings with commercial contracts sparked his interest in law.
Those in the creative industries (including, but not limited to those with #MusicLaw queries), digital and technology businesses and entrepreneurs in the blockchain space, should speak to Rob on T: 0161 358 0280 or at E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resolve to get your company’s house in order in 2019
No more sleepless nights fretting about your company’s confirmation statements or company’s statutory registers.
Find out more about our Company Secretarial Service. Our annual fee for the service starts from just £400 plus VAT and disbursements per company (and includes a helpline for queries in relation to topics covered by the package).
This bulletin contains general overview information only. It does not constitute, and should not be relied upon, as legal advice. You should consult a suitably qualified lawyer on any specific legal problem or matter.